Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is it bad if i use ';all-purpose acrylic latex caulk'; for construction daily without washing my hands?

in other words, nothing bad will happen if i use this product about 2-3 hours a day, every day without washing my hands right? if yes, for example then, not that im looking forward to doing it but, i could spread this caulk all over me for the rest of the week and nothing bad is going to happen. when i say bad. i mean not required to go to the doctor or worse.Is it bad if i use ';all-purpose acrylic latex caulk'; for construction daily without washing my hands?
Acrylic/latex caulk will not hurt your skin if that's what you are asking. I wouldnt suggest that you rub it into your eyes, or swallow it tho, lol. -- I'll amend this to add -- it won't hurt as long as you're not allergic to latex.... most people aren't, but for those that are, they need to be careful handling it.





And to prevent the spread of germs and bacteria, you REALLY should be washing your hands often, lol.... you can even get 'waterless' soaps, like Germ-X, or Goop, etc, where you don't need any water, and they clean pretty well. I keep a container in my service vehicle so I can clean up, even when water is not available on site. (I also keep a bottle or two of water on hand)





Have FunIs it bad if i use ';all-purpose acrylic latex caulk'; for construction daily without washing my hands?
I don't get it... Are you saying that you are thinking of working on a job-site day in and day out, and not wash your hands at all? Yes, that would be bad. If you do not get sick from germs, you probably will ingest some chemicals and get sick that way...





If you are asking about allergic reaction to the caulking - no idea. That depends on the caulking, you, and any other things you might have touched. For example, most people are not allergic to Latex. They are allergic to the trace chemicals that are on the inside of the glove from the making and are then taped against the hand...





If you are using caulking 2-3 hours a day invest in some of the blue Latex Safegrip gloves by MicroFlex





If you ever decide to wash your hands use the ';orange'; soap that you can get at auto-parts stores, the stuff with the grit, and then wash with normal soap...
As long as you are not allergic to latex, I see no problem with its daily use. My painter's workers use this product daily and have never had a negative reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment