Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What is the difference between rubber nipples and latex nipples?

On my first daughter, I used only silicone nipples, they virtually never wear out. However my second born won't hear of anything like silicone. She seems to only want rubber. When I went shopping for rubber nipples, I found that they are nearly impossible to come across. Virtually nonexistant on store shelves, even Babies R Us. So, since the latex nipples look almost exactly the same, I figured they must be the same thing.





Well the baby knew I was wrong before I did! She won't take the latex nipples at all.





So, what is the difference between rubber and latex nipples, and why do the rubber ones swell up so much? Is it because I've been soaking them in dish water too long?





Thanks.What is the difference between rubber nipples and latex nipples?
The latex ones are a lot harder. I used the rubber on both my kids, but it was hard to find them by the time I weened my youngest. She hated the latex and if you try to squish them they are a lot harder. That may be why rubber swells more and why she likes them better because they are more pliable. Sometimes grocery or drug stores still have the rubber, you will pay more of course, but I went to those and stocked up when I could find them.What is the difference between rubber nipples and latex nipples?
Rubber and latex are one and the same..
Latex IS rubber. They just started calling it by its actual composition, which is latex. Just like condoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment