Monday, December 21, 2009

How do I get rid of these bumps from an allergic reaction to latex kitchen gloves?

Silly me didn't pay attention and bought a pair of latex dishwashing gloves. I'm allergic to the powdery latex substance in the gloves. I used them and now I have itchy bumps all over my arms, neck and face (I guess I touch my face a lot!) They aren't that visible, but I can feel the hundreds of tiny little bumps. I stopped using the gloves 5 days ago (only using them once) and have used cortisone cream on the rash, but nothing has worked. What are some other home remedies to use? The allergic reaction isn't so severe that I need to go to the doctor. I just need some relief.How do I get rid of these bumps from an allergic reaction to latex kitchen gloves?
Take Benadryl and soak in a tub filled with Aveeno-the oatmeal bath soakHow do I get rid of these bumps from an allergic reaction to latex kitchen gloves?
I'm not a doctor so don't quote me on this but my brother has a severe allergy to peanuts and when he has a reaction he gets bumps, called hives.Usually he takes a benedryl and the hives dissapear or at least stop itching and dissapear later! Hope this works and I would also reccomend alerting your doctor just in case and to see if he has any more suggestions!
If you can take a Benedryl or two... this will alleviate the itch. Also a benedryl cream, for the bumps.
try white vinegar compresses and wrap them with plastic (saran) wrap where possible. over the counter Benedryl should help. latex allergy can be very serious. we have it in our family. have to remind doctors if surgery will be performed. serious problem,
Try some Piriton, I swear by it,
alcohol may help. For me also works a piece of ice, try to apply it all over your face and neck twice a day - morning and evening.
mmmm maybe alcohol or vinegar? o and also maybe you should go to web MD that might help but i dont know good luck dont scrach ^_^
First thing is switch to vinyl gloves, you can get these at any drugstore. You have already been exposed, so let's treat the symptoms by using OTC benedryl tablets until the bumps go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment