Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I make fake wounds with liquid latex?

For Halloween, I want to make a slit across my throat and a big slash across my stomach...Any suggestions on how to make it look realistic?? I don't mind using liquid latex if it'll make it look more real. Thanks!How do I make fake wounds with liquid latex?
Actually I worked in a Haunted House for years and we used candy. Melted candy worked great. Or you can buy a bottle of fake blood.





Personally I'd buy it from a Halloween store. Making it yourself is harder than it seems plus you have to keep reapplying it every hour. When it dries, it is sticky. The fake blood has a mixture to stop it from clotting too much.





As for the throat, make it wider than you think. In the dark, your throat is difficult to see and it needs to be close to 2 inches thick for it to really stand out.





As for the stomach, the liquid latex does look more realistic. That is how we drew on our ';battle scars'; at the Haunted House. I was a burn victim. Latex it thicker than you think it should be and it needs to be fairly thick right where the wound is. Then we airbrushed the red blood. We ran the entire month of Halloween and one night afterwards, I went in to IHOP. The waitress actually said something to me about she was sooo sorry I had to go through that. I had forgotten that I even had it painted until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment