Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do you get water-based latex housepaint out of hair?

My daighter was helping me paint yesterday and accidentally dipped some of her hair into the paint. She wasn't able to get 100% of it out and it's dry now.How do you get water-based latex housepaint out of hair?
Given enough time, just about any kind of household oil will dissolve the latex in the paint enough to remove it from your daughter's hair: like baby oil, or cooking oil, or 3-in-1 oil.





But, I would first recommend that you contact the manufacturer of that paint to see whether or not a particular kind of oil will be better than another, because even though the latex might come out pretty easily, the color might wind up being left behind, or might even become worse, than if you used the best kind of oil to remove the pigment as well.How do you get water-based latex housepaint out of hair?
cut it.
';Shampoo and water.'; Read the instructions. %26lt;}:-})
Wash with a dish-washing liquid. Latex is water based for that very reason. Washes out easily. Just try again.
Gee, I don't know. I wouldn't use any kind chemical solvent on it. I get paint on my hair all the time and just shampoo every day until it washes out or I get it brushed out. I wouldn't worry about it.
Most water-based paint washes up with warm soapy water. Just continue with her hair care regimen and it will eventually wash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment