Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do I remove latex paint from my carpet? Its water based, but has dried...?

I am re-decorating my daughters bedroom and despite the drop sheets there is a little paint on the carpet...





Does anyone know how to get it out?How do I remove latex paint from my carpet? Its water based, but has dried...?
Being a faux finisher, I get paint on almost everything, including carpet, draperies, my clothing you name it. Mostenbockers makes a latex paint remover that will get it off. You can find it at home improvement stores and in the cleaning aisle of the discounters (near the laundry supplies). You can also use GoofOff which is at the home improvement stores, but it has some real strong fumes for a child's bedroom.How do I remove latex paint from my carpet? Its water based, but has dried...?
I have used WD-40 with some success. Family Dollar sells a pet spray for carpet that takes most things out. It works on pet deposits and motor oil, so it may work. Unfortunately I don't remember the brand name, but I think it was a generic.
There is some stuff called OOPS! That you can but at Wal-Mart it will take it right out
latex can just peel off sometimes, although you may need to take a razor to it, grazing it, to get the majority of it off if that doesnt work.
Try a can of Oops the all purpose remover and cleaner.Wal-Mart sells it.

No comments:

Post a Comment