Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How long can you wear latex gloves before they wear out?

I have powderless latex gloves I bought, and I was wondering if they could be worn for 8 hours if I wanted to, just for all-purpose non-medical / biological protection, without drying my skin out or leaving weird residue all over my hands, or any other weird things.





I would just be wearing them for fun-- pointless random fun. Because I can.











I am not allergic to Latex, and the gloves fit snugly.How long can you wear latex gloves before they wear out?
you could wear them as long at you would like but your hand may break out in a rash since your skin won't be able to breath for 8 hours. When your hands are covered like that they sweat and theres no place for the sweat to go so you may have some irritation.How long can you wear latex gloves before they wear out?
I wear latex gloves as long as I need to, or until the gloves turn all yellow from my sweat.





It's really hard to reuse latex gloves, especially after lunch or something.





I usually end up wearing the same pair of gloves and just wash the gloves before eating lunch. Report Abuse

I wear them sometimes at work, you can wear them that long, your hands should not dry out in them, but sweat after long periods of time and it's kind of gross, but it's worse putting them back on after having them off for a bit (say if you go for a break or something) thats real gross!
I suppose you could, but your hands will get kind of sticky and sweaty after an hour or two. If that doesn't bother you, it's not dangerous to wear them all day.
Latex allergy is an acquired condition. You don't want it. Every exposure you have increases your chance of developing a latex allergy. The process is insidious, I developed it after 20 years of exposure. My whole life changed. Latex is everywhere.





I would recommend you just use the latex free glove, they offer the same protection and won't cause allergy.





You can wear surgical latex/latex free for several hours, 8-10 at least. We usually only change them for a break or to breathe. I have seen Physicians wear double gloves for a 16 hour surgery.





Here is a CNN article about latex/sources.


http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00621.html
They should be fine to wear for that many hours and shouldn't give you any problems. I wear surgical gloves at times for yard work just so I'm not getting my hands dirty. I would just be sure to dispose of them when you are done so that you aren't grabbing a used pair if you need to protect your hands when helping someone who may be bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment